Vietnam Visa Information
Vietnam is now open and welcome all travellers and business people to Vietnam. Therefore, getting visa to Vietnam is quite easy and simple.
- In general, most visitors to Vietnam need a visa to enter the country. Visas are exempted for the citizens of the countries which have signed a bilateral or unilateral visa exemption agreement with Vietnam. Before planning a trip, be sure to check Vietnam visa requirements.
- Visa can be applied in person at the Consulate General of Vietnam in the city you live in or by mail/post to the Consulate-General’s address.
- The time to process a visa application is normally 3 working days. In case of urgency, the applicant may contact the Consulate General of Vietnam for an advice.
- Normally, the Vietnamese visa can be applied no earlier than 6 month prior to date of departure and the applicant can enter Vietnam anytime from proposed date of entry. Remember, the visa will be expired exactly from the date as given.
How to get a Vietnam Visa
Technically, there are 2 options to obtain a Vietnamese tourist visa:
Option 1: Getting a visa at Vietnamese Embassy or Consulate office
A visa to Vietnam can be applied for by mail or in person at the Embassy as early as 06 months prior to the date of travel. Applicant is responsible for checking accurate information on visa being issued by the Embassy. In case of mistakes, please contact the Embassy immediately for correction. Otherwise, applicant is fully responsible for the mistakes.
Option 2: Visa on Arrival (VOA)
The online visa application is so simple that can be done in a few minutes. You don't need to provide paper documents or upload them. Just stay at home and follow 2 easy steps below to apply for Vietnam visa online:
- Fill out online visa application form
- Confirm and pay online
After approximately 2 working days, you will receive a visa approval letter via email. The letter is efficient to board the plane and collect stamp at the airport.
Sample of Vietnam Visa approval letter
IMPORTANT NOTe: After receiving your visa, check and make sure that ALL the information is correct (especially passport number and visa date). Any error must be notified to our staff immediately and BEFORE your trip to Viet Nam.
1. Paper visa application
- Visa application form (take at embassy office or download from embassy’s website). All of the forms required for your Vietnamese visa can be found online and vary from country to country.
- Origin passport valid for at least 06 months
- 01 passport-sized photo (4x6cm) taken within the last 06 months
- Visa approval from Immigration Department obtained by your sponsor in Vietnam (required for business visa application)
- A copy of itinerary (if applicable)
- Application fee (in cash). Visa fees are various and depend on the length of stay, number of entry and purpose a trip. It is best to contact your national embassy to check prices before your application. All payments are non-refundable.
- A self-addressed envelope with postal charge if you want to recevie your Vietnam visa by post.
2. Vietnam visa on arrival
Get Vietnam Visa on Arrival at the airport.
Documents required for approving a visa approval letter:
- Application fee (pay online with credit/debit card)
Documents required for stamping process at arrival airport:
- Visa approval letter
- Original passport valid for at least 06 months
- 01 passport-sized photo (4x6cm)
- Entry/Exit form
- Stamping fee
- The Embassy reserves the right of refusal for any visa application.
- Visa will be valid from the date of entry (provided in the application form) and extend for 30 days or 90 days depending on the type of visa. You must leave before visa expiration.
- Visa procedure and fee for children are the same as adults if the children have their own passports. Children who are included in parents’ passports don't need separate visas and are not charged. The parents must sign the applications on behalf of children under 14 years old.
- Amendments of the visa can be done only when the visa is still valid. Fee is applied.
- Fees and charges are non-refundable, except the case of Visa rejection.
- You do not need a visa to enter/re-enter Viet Nam if you do not cross passport control when catching connecting flights.
- Please do not purchase air tickets/holiday packages to Viet Nam before you obtain a visa. The visa process is not bound by your travel plan.
- The Embassy is not responsible for any loss or damage to redundant documents which are not required.
In the end, with simple and easy way for getting Vietnam visa, why don't you take an amazing trip to Vietnam to discover the hidden charm of Vietnam?
Image Sources: Internet