Visiting Nha Trang, travelers can enjoy one of the most beautiful beaches in Vietnam with white sandy beach and fresh clear blue water. They even have the “most attractive amusement park” (voted by Vietnam Tourism Association) – Vinpearl Land, where you can stay at the 5 stars hotel, be served with amazing seafood and tons of activities. There are also some historical attractions for who would like to discover the cultural values.
Nha Trang Bay Overview
Nha Trang’s earliest history recorded as far back as the third century, when a Champa kingdom ruled the area. In 1653, the Champa kingdom was incorporated into the territory of Nguyen dynasty. Until 1862, the French acquired Nha Trang and established an Institute for research in tropical diseases. It was not until 1912, the rail line between Saigon and Hanoi finally reached the town, which is the very first start off the development of Nha Trang city.
Name main history attraction:
- Dam Market: Dam Market (called Cho Dam in Vietnamese) is the largest and most well-known market in Nha Trang city. Visiting Dam Market, travelers can not only shop for souvenirs and handcrafts, but also have a chance to explore locals’ culture and their daily lives.
- Po Nagar Cham Tower: Similar to World Heritage My Son Sanctuary, Po Nagar Cham temple complex attracts tourist from over the world to see the Ancient Cham people’s special skills in sculpture and architecture.The towers were built during the 8th and 11th century by the Cham, who once ruled Vietnam central plain.
Po Nagar Cham Tower
- Hon Mieu Island: Also known as Tri Nguyen or Bong Nguyen island, Hon Mieu is considered as the best inshore island in Nha Trang Bay. The island offers not only tranquil beach with beautiful landscape, but also many acivities for tourists to enjoy, from touring aquarium to visiting fishing village.
- Con Se Tre Village: With tranquil atmosphere and amazing natural beauty, Con Se Tre Village has been attracting many tourists from all around the world. Visiting Con Se Tre is more like a journey to explore the beauty of Vietnam’s countryside. If you are visiting Nha Trang, Con Se Tre Village is definitely the spot that you don’t want to miss out.
- Long Son Pagoda: Thanks to the amazing natural landscape and location, Long Son Pagoda has been attracting tourist from all over the world, becoming one of the most appealing tourist attractions of Nha Trang. The name is due to Long Son Pagoda’s long-lasting history with Buddha statue sitting atop of the mountain. Fortunately, the pagoda has been recorded as one owning Vietnam’s largest outdoor Buddha statue.
Long Son Pagoda
- Hon Mun Island: If you are visiting Nha Trang as an extreme traveler, then you definitely don’t want to miss Hon Mun Island. The beautiful island does not only offer amazing scenery of fresh clear blue ocean, but also abundance of tropical fish, sea turtles, crabs, and even lobsters. It sounds like a great deal of fun, doesn’t it?
Culture (ethnicity, living custom, religious belief, special tradition and festival, etc.)
As a travelling city, Nha Trang people are friendly and very hospitable. There are many backpackers from all over the world coming to Nha Trang for the beautiful beaches and crystal clear waters. Russian and Chinese come here much more than any other foreign country.
Besides locals’ traditional fishing work, many of them depend on travel industry which has been developing so rapidly here as their main earning income. Therefore, sometimes travelers might need to bargain or check carefully when it comes to money with the locals.
(How many season - Weather of each season - Which is the best time for traveling)
Nha Trang is blessed with warm and comfortable weather all year long. Travelers can come to the beautiful city at any time during the year. However, February to April would be the best time for you to come, when the temperature is moderated at around 26 degrees Celsius.
Best time to relax in Nha Trang
Nha Trang actually has a modern public bus service with air-conditioners, running across most popular districts in the city. Alternatively, you can always take taxi, cyclo, motor-taxi, or even rent a motorbike to wandering around Nha Trang city conveniently.
You can have locals take you to the preferred island in Nha Trang Bay by boats. However, travelers often consider joining tourist boats to enjoy the full journey, from visitng naturual attractions to being served fresh seafood right on the raft.
- Perfect choice for family trip: Being a beach city with white sand shores, long beaches, large playgrounds and beautiful weather, isn’t Nha Trang the best place for a family trip? There is also Vinpearl Land – an amusement park located separately on Vinpearl report’s located island. Your family can choose to stay on the island to enjoy the luxurious service with much fun.
- Consider your choice carefully: When joining tourism boat, you may want to consider carefully which destinations to stop. Since there are many spots to visit, the tour will ask which spot you would choose. Remember to choose ones consuming less time and offering more preferred activities.
Read more: Useful local tips to visit Nha Trang